Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Hate This Time of Year

I really do. I just hate it. I should stop reading anything for at least a week prior to the trade deadline for the sake of my blood pressure. The trade deadline brings out all the idiots who never laced up a pair of skates and think they know more about hockey than the coaches and GMs who are paid to do it for a living. It brings out the quick fix people who would trade away the heart and sole of a team for a "name" player. It brings out the juvenile sports fans who watch three games per season and can't talk about hockey except in baseball metaphors. It brings out all the fickle fans who only tune in for the playoffs, but shoot their mouths off like they have been following the team closely all year.

I can't wait for it all to be over. Let's get on with the hockey.

No comments: